We gave three different supposals to try to solve Rif/Recall language and then learned at about 9:00 pm the board was given a directive not to go any further on the Rif Recall language than they had previously proposed on Sunday. The GEA bargaining team then submitted a 4th supposal and we requested that the board members be called. The mediator returned with a negative response. The board bargaining team would not call the other board members. We feel our last supposal resolves our remaining issues to get students back into the classroom. We are hoping our last supposal gets shared with the board members prior to our return tomorrow at 10:00 a.m.. We are disappointed that the directive was “not to bargain” tonight. It is of the utmost importance to establish normalcy in our community and with our students.
- Statement from IEA President Kathi Griffin regarding court ruling in fair share fee caseSPRINGFIELD — The Illinois Education Association (IEA) released the following statement regarding the Seventh Circuit Court’s decision in the Mooney vs. IEA case. In light of the U.S. Supreme Court ruling in the Janus v. AFSCME case, Stacey Mooney had been seeking to recoup fair share fees paid to the IEA. On Tuesday, the court rejected […]
- IEA Awards – Nomination deadlines extended to Jan. 15Nominate a fellow IEA member for one of these 9 awards.
- MEDIA ADVISORY: District 228 educators, community, IEA members to rally for a fair contractWear blue and stand in support of BHS-D228-JFA bargaining team ahead of mediation session.
- New teacher contract agreement means big wins for Mendota elementary students, public educationMENDOTA – Tonight, the Mendota Education Association (MEA) elementary and middle school teachers officially got a new contract. The MEA voted to ratify the contract on Sat., Oct. 26, and tonight the Mendota District 289 Board of Education (BOE) also voted to ratify the agreement. “This is an amazing contract. We fought hard to get […]
- Decatur support personnel support DFTA walkoutDECATUR – The following quote can be attributed to Decatur Educational Support Personnel Association President Dawn Clark: “The Decatur Educational Support Personnel Association wants the Decatur Federation of Teaching Assistants to know we have their backs in their fight for a fair contract. We see each and every day DFTA members get bitten and bruised […]
- Decatur Education Association stands with teaching assistantsDECATUR – The following quote can be attributed to Decatur Education Association (DEA) President Chrissy Petitt: “The Decatur Education Association stands united with the Decatur Federation of Teaching Assistants (DFTA) in its effort to negotiate a fair contract with affordable, accessible health care. Members of DFTA perform some of the most vital jobs in our […]
- Mendota Education Association and Board of Education reach tentative agreement, strike endsMENDOTA – The following statement is attributable to MEA Co-Vice Presidents Brandon Scheppers and Rachel Sabin and Board President Sean Pappas: “The Mendota Elementary School District 289 Board of Education and the Mendota Education Association met again Fri., Oct. 25. Both parties are pleased to announce that a tentative agreement has been reached. School will […]
- Mendota teachers file unfair labor practices after district threatens teachers, tries to stifle union activityMENDOTA – On Tuesday, the Mendota Education Association (MEA) filed two unfair labor practices (ULP) with the Illinois Educational Labor Relations Board (IELRB) against Mendota Community Consolidated School District 289 (D289). “We will not be intimidated,” MEA Co-Vice President Rachel Sabin said. “It’s sad it’s come to this. We would just like the district to bargain […]
- MEDIA ADVISORY: Statewide #RedforEd day in support of Mendota, Addison and Chicago educatorsWear red and share pictures on social media using the hashtags #MendotaMatters #ATA4Kids #StandWithCTU #IFTStrong
- With strike date looming, hundreds of teachers, community members and parents will wear #redfored, rally for a fair contractADDISON – The Addison Teachers’ Association (ATA) will be rallying with community members for a fair contract this evening. The rally comes two days before a possible strike. ATA filed its intent to strike notice with the Illinois Educational Labor Relations Board (IELRB) and could legally go on strike as early as Thurs., Oct. 24. There […]
- Mendota Board of Education walks out of bargaining session, cancels Sunday’s bargaining sessionHundreds of community members, teachers, parents to rally on Sunday MENDOTA – After a few hours of bargaining, and before reaching a deal, the District 289 Board of Education (BOE) abruptly walked out of mediation with the Mendota Education Association (MEA) this afternoon. The two sides met for bargaining at 10 a.m. in hope of reaching a new […]
- Addison teachers file intent to strike notice, pave way for strikeADDISON – The Addison Teachers’ Association (ATA) filed its intent to strike notice with the Illinois Educational Labor Relations Board (IELRB). The notice allows ATA to legally declare a strike as early as Thurs., Oct. 24. “Our hands are tied. We don’t want to strike, but the board continues to refuse to come to the […]
- Mendota teachers set up hotline, urge community to call board and tell them to come back to bargaining tableMENDOTA – The Mendota Education Association (MEA) launched a hotline community members can use to call the District 289 Board of Education (BOE) at 1-844-311-3378. Callers will be greeted with a message from MEA Co-Vice President Brandon Scheppers and then the calls will be patched through to the district office. The MEA has been on strike […]
- Episode 22: What Is A UniServ Director (UD)In this episode we discuss what a UniServ Director, or UD, is with our special guest, Jon Butler, UniServ Director for Region 62.
- Statement from IEA President Kathi Griffin regarding court ruling in fair share fee case