We know everyone is waiting for information about what is going on now that schools have been closed until March 30th. Things are very fluid and decisions are trying to be made. There are a lot of moving parts to this.
DO NOT COPY OR SHARE THIS!!! IF NEED BE, WE WILL UPDATE THIS POST.
If you copy or share it, you may be distributing old information.
Below is information regarding pay, benefits, who is required to report to work, and obtaining critical
items left in the buildings during the closure.
1. Who Reports to Work: No one is to report to work unless you have been contacted by Dr.
Asplund or Mrs. Hamm and identified as essential personnel. We will need the building nurses
to report to their buildings from 10:00 AM to 1:30 PM on Monday.
2. Pay: All regular employees will continue to be paid during the leave unless you are on an
approved unpaid leave. You do not need to submit timesheets. Hourly workers will be paid for
their scheduled times and salaried employees will receive their normal paychecks. You will
receive your next paycheck on March 27th.
3. Insurance: If you have insurance through District #205, none of your benefits will change.
4. Access to Buildings: Staff will not have access to any District buildings or facilities through
March 30th unless identified as essential personnel.
5. Retrieval of “Critical Items” from the Buildings: If you have a medication or critical item you
need from a building, please email your principal by Sunday, March 15th by 12:00 PM (noon).
Principals will retrieve those items from your rooms and they will be available for pickup on
Monday from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM. Please include the location of these items in your rooms
so that principals can quickly retrieve them. Please pull up in your car to the main entrance of
the building, unless you are an employee of Lombard. Lombard employees will need to walk up
to the main entrance, but will not be permitted into the building.
6. Activity Account Requests: Central Office will not be processing any activity account requests
until further notice.
7. Facility Use Agreements/ Field Trip Requests: Central Office will not be processing any of these
requests until further notice.
8. Initial Case Study Requests for Special Education: Do not email the special education
coordinators or director with requests for initial case studies until schools reopen. They are
inundated with holding telephone IEP meetings that are still required to continue (as of today)